Turkey kibbeh with broad bean salad
¼ cup(s), (40g)
turkey breast mince
1 medium, coarsely grated
ground all spice
Beans, broad, raw
2 cup(s), (300g)
200 g, halved
100 g, (baby)
fresh flat-leaf parsley
wholemeal pita bread
62 g, 2x 31g pockets
fresh lemon rind
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Place burghul in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside for 30 minutes. Drain. Using hands, squeeze out excess liquid. Return to bowl.
- Add mince, onion, allspice, cumin and cinnamon to burghul and mix well to combine. Divide mixture into 12 even portions. Roll each portion into an oval shape. Transfer kibbeh to plate. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broad beans following packet instructions. Drain. Refresh in a large bowl of cold water and drain. Peel beans and discard skins.
- Combine broad beans, tomatoes, rocket, parsley, mint, juice and half the oil in a large bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue over medium-high heat (see note). Lightly brush kibbeh with remaining oil. Cook on flat plate, turning occasionally, for 6–8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook pitas on grill for 1 minute each side or until golden. Top salad with kibbeh and sprinkle with rind. Serve with pitas, hummus and lemon wedges.