Turkey and mushroom cottage pie
Turkey breast mince
1 whole, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
200 g, button variety, sliced
300 g, chopped
1 cup(s), (250ml)
1 tsp, chopped
600 g, chopped
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook turkey mince (see Notes), stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp olive oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook leek, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- Add pumpkin, stock, thyme and mince and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir to break up pumpkin slightly. Transfer to a 1.5 litre (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender, adding peas for the last minute of cooking. Drain. Mash in a large bowl with milk. Spoon mash over turkey mixture and lightly spray with oil.
- Preheat grill on high. Grill pie for 5 minutes or until light golden. Serve.