Dig into a comforting bowl of delicious mac with aromatic tuna and broccoli
- 300 g pasta, (macaroni)
- 700 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cup(s) skim milk, (500ml)
- 1/4 cup(s) cornflour, (35g)
- 120 g Bega Country Light Cheese, 50% Less Fat, Tasty Cheddar, Grated, (1 cup)
- 340 g Tuna canned in springwater, drained, (425g can), flaked
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender, adding broccoli for last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to pan.
Meanwhile, combine milk and cornflour in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 3–4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in half the cheese and season with salt and ground black pepper.
Add sauce and tuna to pasta mixture, combining well. Lightly spray a 2.5L (10-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Transfer mixture to dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed leaf salad.