Tropical pavlova layer cake
1¼ cup(s), (275g)
6 medium, at room temperature
Cream of tartar
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
1⅓ cup(s), (310g)
Store-bought light whipped cream
2 cup(s), (80ml)
2 cup(s), (460g)
2 cup(s), (400g)
3 medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), (12g)
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Trace a 20cm-diameter onto 3 sheets baking paper. Place each sheet of baking paper, trace-side down on a baking tray. Combine sugar and cornflour in a medium bowl.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large bowl on medium-high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in combined sugar and cornflour, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition. Continue beating on high speed for a further 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and meringue is thick and glossy. Beat in vanilla.
- Spoon one-third of meringue onto the traced circle on each tray, then spread evenly to edges of circles. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until dry to the touch. Turn oven off. Leave trays in closed oven for 30 minutes.
- Place yoghurt in a medium bowl and gently fold through whipped cream. Combine pineapple, mango and kiwi fruit in a large bowl.
- Place 1 meringue layer on a serving plate, spread with one-third of yoghurt mixture and top with one-third of fruit. Repeat layers twice more with remaining meringue layers, yoghurt mixture and fruit. Sprinkle coconut over top.