Triple layer pavlova cake
1 cup(s), (220g)
1 tbs, extra
2 tsp, toasted
Fromage frais, vanilla bean
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Vanilla bean paste
2 medium, peeled, thinly sliced
250 g, thinly sliced
2 medium, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on each piece of paper. Invert paper onto trays.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until the sugar dissolves. Fold in the cornflour until combined.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared trays, using a spatula to spread into circles. Bake for 1 hour or until firm and dry to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave in the oven, with the door ajar, to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the extra sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and caramelises. Remove from the heat. Add the almonds and pour over the lined tray. Set aside until set. Break into shards.
- Using a food processor, process the fromage frais, ricotta and vanilla until smooth.
- Peel the paper away from the meringue discs. Place one disc on a serving plate. Top with one-third of the cream mixture, then two-thirds of the kiwifruit, and one-third each of the strawberry and passionfruit. Top with another meringue disc, half remaining cream mixture, two-thirds of the banana, and half the remaining strawberry and passionfruit. Top with the remaining disc and cream mixture. Decorate with the remaining kiwifruit, strawberry, banana and passionfruit. Sprinkle with the almond shards.