Tiramisu swiss roll
Cream of tartar
Instant coffee powder
125 g, (see tip)
20 ml, (1 tbs), marsala variety
10 g, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm x 25cm (base measurement) Swiss roll tin with oil and line with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar with a pinch of salt and continue to beat until stiff peaks form that hold their shape when beaters are removed.
- Sift flour, cocoa and caster sugar over egg white mixture, then gently fold until smooth and combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin and smooth surface with a spatula. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until sponge feels firm and springy to the touch.
- Lightly dust a sheet of baking paper with extra cocoa. Turn hot sponge out onto dusted baking paper and remove sheet from sponge, then roll up from one short side, with cocoa-dusted paper inside as you roll. Set aside to cool.
- Place coffee in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add icing sugar and quark, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Unroll sponge and drizzle over marsala. Spread with quark mixture, scatter over half of the chocolate and re-roll sponge without paper. Scatter over remaining chocolate. Serve.