Thai sour pork curry
Rice bran oil
Pork, neck, raw
480 g, (Buy 4 x 150g), steaks, fat trimmed
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, finely grated
1 piece(s), pale section only, bruised
Red curry paste
Salt reduced chicken stock
⅔ cup(s), (160ml)
100 g, pea variety, halved
2 small, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), cut into 5cm lengths
⅓ cup(s), small leaves
- Heat oil in a 6L (24-cup) pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Cook pork, turning once, for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Return pork to cooker with stock, puree, eggplant and capsicum. Secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil beans for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Release pressure using the pressure release method. Remove lid. Remove and discard lemongrass. Stir in beans, sauce and juice. Using two forks, roughly shred pork. Divide pork and vegetables among serving bowls. Spoon over broth and sprinkle with coriander.