Teriyaki beef sushi rolls
Lean beef fillet
420 g, (buy 470g), fat trimmed, cut into 8 slices
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
8 individual, ends trimmed
1 medium, ends trimmed, sliced into long thin strips
Dried nori seeweed
Cooked brown rice
2 cup(s), (340g), (preferably short grain)
2 tsp, finely grated
1 tbs, finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine beef and 2 tbs teriyaki sauce in a medium bowl and set aside in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spray a chargrill with oil and place over high heat. Grill beef slices for 2 minutes oneach side, then set aside on a plate to rest.
- Grill shallots and carrots for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat, spread evenly with ½ cup cooked rice, leaving a 1cm border around edge. Place 2 slices of beef, 2 shallots and several carrot sticks over rice across lower part of sheet. Starting from the bottom, using bamboo mat as a guide, roll up tightly to enclose filling and make a neat roll. Seal edge of roll with water and place seam side down. Cover roll with plastic wrap until ready to slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 rolls.
- To make sauce, combine remaining 2 tbs of teriyaki sauce, 2 tbs water, ginger, lemon juice and chives in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces with a sharp knife and serve with dipping sauce.