Sweet potato, roast capsicum, goats cheese and currant strudel
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
1000 g, cut into 2cm pieces
2 medium, cut into thin wedges
Baby spinach leaves
250 g, fresh, not in oil, sliced
Soft goat's cheese
100 g, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place sweet potato on 1 prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Add onion to tray for last 15 minutes of cooking time. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 seconds. Drain well. Cool. Squeeze out excess water, then coarsely chop.
- Combine cooled sweet potato, onion, spinach, capsicum, goat’s cheese and currants in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working with 6 filo sheets, place 1 on workbench. Lightly spray with oil. Top with another filo sheet and lightly spray with oil. Repeat using 4 more sheets, lightly spraying each one as you go. Spoon half the sweet potato mixture along 1 long edge of pastry, leaving 5cm at each end. Fold ends in and roll up to enclose filling. Place strudel, seam-side down, on the second tray. Repeat with remaining filo and sweet potato mixture to make a second strudel.
- Lightly spray strudel tops with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp.