Sunday smoky chicken roast
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 30 min
2 clove(s), crushed
Whole raw skinless chicken
800 g, (buy 1.6kg)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a roasting rack with oil and place in a medium baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, paprika, sauce, vinegar, garlic and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- With fingers, gently separate chicken skin from breast and thigh meat. Rub seasoning mix onto meat under skin. Smooth skin back into place. Tuck wings under chicken and tie legs together with kitchen string
- Place chicken, breast side up, on prepared rack in baking dish. Bake for 1½ hours or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Rest for 10 minutes. Discard wings. Cut chicken into 6 pieces. Remove skin before eating.
TIP: Serve with your favourite mash and greens.