Sumac pork, sweet potato and bean salad with orange dressing
Lean pork loin chop
360 g, (buy 400g) or steaks, fat trimmed
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
540 g, (buy 600g) peeled, cut into 5mm thick rounds
2 medium, cut into 2cm wide strips
200 g, thickly sliced
2 medium, (Navel)
75 g, leaves
1 tbs, white
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the sumac on both sides of the pork. Heat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Brush the pork with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes, to rest.
- Lightly spray the sweet potato and capsicum with oil. Cook the sweet potato for 3-4 minutes each side, and capsicum for 2 minutes each side on same chargrill or until lightly charred. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the beans over a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Segment the oranges, catching any juices in a bowl. Combine the orange segments, beans, grilled vegetables and watercress in a large bowl. Whisk 1 tablespoon of the reserved orange juice, remaining sumac, vinegar and remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Add to the salad, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Thickly slice the pork. Serve the salad topped with the pork slices.