- 450 g Chicken, lean breast, skinless, raw, (buy 500g), fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 60 ml soy sauce, reduced-salt, (1/4 cup)
- 140 g dry rice noodles
- 2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium Capsicum, red, raw, thinly sliced
- 300 g snow peas, halved lengthways
- 1 cup(s) Bean sprouts, raw, (70g)
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, Thai, plus extra to serve
- 1 medium fresh lime, cut into cheeks
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Combine chicken, garlic, chilli and half the soy sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender, drain. Set aside.
Heat a large wok over medium-high heat and lightly spray with oil. Stir-fry onion and capsicum for 2 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Reheat wok and stir-fry chicken in 2 batches for 2-3 minutes or until cooked. Return onion, capsicum and chicken to the wok. Add snow peas, bean sprouts, basil, noodles and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through and cooked. Serve with extra basil.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds and lime cheeks.