Steamed apricot pudding
SmartPoints® value per serving
Nothing says winter comfort quite like a tasty baked fruit dessert. These hot puddings are quick to whip up and are perfect for weekend entertaining.
Reduced fat oil spread
White self-raising flour
Apricot, canned in natural juice, drained
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray 4 x 1/2-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds or ovenproof dishes with oil. Line bases with baking paper.
- Using a stick blender, whisk canola spread, sweetener and orange rind until well combined. Add egg and whisk until combined. Sift flour over mixture. Add milk and fold until just combined.
- Divide apricot spread between moulds and top with batter. Cut 4 x 15cm squares each of baking paper and foil. Place paper on foil and fold to form a pleat in centre. Place over moulds, foil-side up, then tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place moulds in a medium saucepan. Pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up sides of moulds. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Carefully lift moulds from water. Stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove foil and paper and turn onto serving plates. Serve with apricots.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Light sour cream