Spinach, capsicum and feta stuffed chicken
roasted capsicum, not in oil
baby spinach leaves
reduced fat feta cheese
70 g, crumbled
skinless chicken breast
540 g, (Buy 4x150g), fat trimmed
2 bunch(es), cut into 5cm lengths
1 medium, cut into thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Finely chop 50g of capsicum. Finely shred 20g of baby spinach. Combine in a small bowl with the feta. Season with pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit in the side of each chicken fillet to make a small pocket. Spoon capsicum mixture into pockets and secure with a toothpick. Season. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place chicken on prepared tray. Place asparagus and onion beside chicken. Drizzle vegetables with 1 teaspoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake chicken and vegetables for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Cut remaining capsicum into thin strips. Place in a large bowl with roasted asparagus and onion and remaining spinach leaves. Add lemon juice and remaining oil and toss to combine. Serve chicken with salad.