Spiced pork with apple and fig compote
Lean pork fillet
800 g, (strip loin roast)
3 medium, peeled, cored, finely chopped
60 g, finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 150C° fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place fennel, cumin and coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle and lightly crush.
- Lightly spray pork with olive oil, then rub with spice mixture.
- Place pork on prepare tray. Bake for 50-55 mins or until browned and cooked through. Cool to room temperature. Slice.
- Meanwhile, to make the compote, place apples, figs, juice, sugar, cinnamon and ⅓ cup (80ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 mins or until apples are softened. Cool.
- Arrange pork on a serving platter. Serve with apple compote.