Spiced polenta chicken tenders with roasted pumpkin and chickpea salad
600 g, cut into 1cm thick wedges
chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), 400g size can, (1x400g can)
½ cup(s), (85g)
500 g, fat trimmed
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
2 tsp, finely chopped
mixed salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread pumpkin over 1 prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, spread chickpeas and tomatoes over remaining tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake with pumpkin for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Whisk egg white and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Combine polenta, paprika and oregano on a plate. Working with 1 piece at a time, dip chicken in egg-white mixture. Coat in polenta mixture and place on a plate. Cover and place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine buttermilk, juice and chives in a large bowl. Add salad leaves, pumpkin, chickpeas and tomatoes and toss to coat. Serve chicken with salad.