Spiced chicken, lentil and pumpkin salad
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup(s) dry lentils, (200g), french green
- 2 cup(s) cooked broad beans, (300g), frozen
- 432 g skinless chicken breast, (buy 8 chicken tenderloins), fat trimmed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, ground
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mint
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until heated through. Refresh under cold water and drain. Peel the beans.
Place the chicken, cumin and fennel in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover to keep warm and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Place the pumpkin, lentils, beans, parsley, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the chicken and serve with the pumpkin salad.
- TIP: To save prep time, use a cup and a half of frozen peas instead of the broad beans.