Spiced chicken, lentil and pumpkin salad
- Total Time
Try this speedy salad that is bursting with fresh spring flavours.
pumpkin800 g, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
olive oil1 tbs
dry lentils1 cup(s), (200g), french green
cooked broad beans2 cup(s), (300g), frozen
skinless chicken breast432 g, (buy 8 chicken tenderloins), fat trimmed
ground cumin2 tsp
fennel seeds2 tsp, ground
fresh flat-leaf parsley½ cup(s)
fresh mint½ cup(s)
lemon zest1 tbs
lemon juice1 tbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until heated through. Refresh under cold water and drain. Peel the beans.
- Place the chicken, cumin and fennel in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover to keep warm and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place the pumpkin, lentils, beans, parsley, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the chicken and serve with the pumpkin salad.