Smoked salmon and leek baked eggs
1 whole, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
Frozen green peas
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
Light thickened cream
1 tbs, finely chopped
Extra light sour cream
½ cup(s), (125g)
100 g, cut into wide strips
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 1¼-cup (310ml) capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the leek and onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender and soft. Stir in peas and lemon rind. Divide the leek mixture among prepared dishes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the thickened cream, 1 tablespoon water, half the chives and half the sour cream in a bowl until smooth. Pour the cream mixture over the leek mixture in the dishes.
- Scatter the salmon over the leek mixture. Carefully crack eggs into each dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until egg is just set or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine remaining sour cream and chives in a small bowl. Serve baked eggs topped with chive sour cream.