Slow-cooked Italian meatloaf
Light mozzarella cheese
25 g, grated
Raw pork mince
1 small, finely chopped
1 small, coarsely grated
1 clove(s), crushed
50 g, made from day-old white bread
Tomato pasta sauce
½ cup(s), (130g), tomato and basil
Prosciutto fat trimmed
4 slice(s), (60g), fat trimmed
2 tsp, toasted
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
600 g, (kumara), chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 150°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine mince, onion, carrot, garlic, breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons pasta sauce in a large bowl. Place a 40cm-long piece of baking paper on a clean work surface. Press mince mixture evenly into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Leaving a 5cm border at one short end, top mince with prosciutto, spinach, currants, nuts and mozzarella. Using the paper as a guide and removing it as you roll, roll mince mixture from 1 short side. Place on prepared tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Drain excess juices from tray. Brush top of meatloaf with remaining pasta sauce. Bake for 10 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave sweet potato until tender. Drain. Mash until smooth. Serve slices of meatloaf with mash.