Simple fish pie
500 g, (2 x 250g potatoes)
1 medium, thinly sliced
Seafood marinara mix
600 g, fresh or frozen thawed
Frozen green peas
1⅔ cup(s), (200g), baby variety
Reduced fat oil spread
3 tsp, melted
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add whole potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you can just prick them with a fork – they don’t need to be cooked through. Drain and allow to cool, then slice into 3-4mm rounds and set aside.
- Lightly spray a medium saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat and gradually add milk. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in marinara mix and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 2-litre (8-cup) oval pie dish. Top with sliced potatoes, brush with melted spread and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are golden and the seafood is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broccolini until tender. Drain and serve with fish pie