Sesame seared salmon and asparagus rolls
Reduced salt soy sauce
60 ml, (1/4 cup) plus 2 tbs extra for dipping
Vermicelli rice noodles
1 tsp, lightly toasted
2 tbs, chopped
16 individual, halved
Chinese cabbage (wombok)
4 cup(s), (8 large leaves)
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, shredded
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add salmon and turn to coat. Cover and chill in fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Chargrill salmon for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to cool. Break salmon into large flakes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet instructions or until tender. Drain and cool under cold water. Drain. Place noodles in a bowl. Using scissors, cut noodles into 5cm lengths. Add sesame seeds, coriander and 2 teaspoons soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Cook asparagus in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Place ¼ of noodle mixture in the centre of each wombok leaf. Top with salmon, asparagus, capsicum and carrot. Fold up sides and roll leaves to enclose filling. Serve with extra soy sauce.