Sesame and shallot egg pots
6 - 7
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Bored with boiled? Fed up with fried? Try steaming your eggs in small ramekins for a surprisingly fast and simple way to start your day.
125 g, button variety, sliced
Baby spinach leaves
1 tsp, toasted
1 individual, sliced
4 slice(s), (4x35g slices) toasted
- Place a steamer basket over a large saucepan or wok filled with water (water should not touch base of steamer). Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir through half the sesame seeds.
- Divide mushroom mixture between two ⅔-cup (160ml) capacity ramekins. Carefully break an egg into each ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a steamer basket. Steam, covered, over simmering water (ensuring basket is not touching water) for 6–8 minutes or until eggs are opaque and just cooked through (steam for a little longer if you prefer a firm yolk).
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and shallots and serve with toast.
TIP: To toast sesame seeds, toss seeds in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat until golden. You can use either a metal steamer over a saucepan or a bamboo steamer over a wok. You can also use an electric steamer following the manufacturer’s instructions.