- 200 g dry rice noodles, pad Thai variety
- 1 1/2 tbs light peanut butter, crunchy
- 1 tbs soy sauce, reduced-salt
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat coconut milk, (80ml)
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp sunflower oil, or canola variety
- 500 g green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch(es) Choy sum, chopped
- 1 medium Red capsicum, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 200 g Snow peas
Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk and lime juice in a small bowl. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry prawns in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes or until prawns just change colour. Transfer to a plate. Stir-fry chilli for 1 minute. Add choy sum and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add satay sauce mixture and prawns. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add drained noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried vegies such as snow peas, capsicum and onion. TIP: To save time, buy peeled green prawns from the fish counter.