Saffron and prawn pappardelle
160 g, pappardelle
Salt reduced chicken stock
½ tsp, threads
2 individual, sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
600 g, peeled, deveined, halved lengthways
2 medium, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
Extra light cooking cream
½ cup(s), (125ml)
Fresh lemon rind
1 tsp, finely grated
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
⅓ cup(s), coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine stock and saffron in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook shallots, garlic and prawns, stirring, for 5 minutes or until prawns are almost cooked.
- Add zucchini, saffron mixture, cream, lemon rind and ⅓ cup parsley and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add pasta to prawn mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with remaining coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and extra lemon rind.