Roast pumpkin, spinach and ricotta ravioli
320 g, (japanese), peeled, coarsley chopped (buy 400g)
500 g, halved
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Grated parmesan cheese
1 medium, lightly beaten
2 clove(s), thinly sliced
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
Gow gee wrappers
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin and tomatoes on prepared trays and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender and tomatoes have slightly collapsed. Transfer pumpkin to a medium bowl. Mash until almost smooth.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and drain immediately. Refresh under cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water. Finely chop spinach. Add ricotta, parmesan and drained spinach to pumpkin. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add roasted tomatoes and any pan juices and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in lemon juice and simmer for 2–3 minutes. Stir in oregano. Cover to keep warm.
- Place a gow gee wrapper on a flat surface and place 1 heaped teaspoon pumpkin mixture in the centre. Lightly brush edge of wrapper with beaten egg. Fold to form a half-moon shape, pressing edge to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Cook ravioli, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2–3 minutes or until ravioli float to the surface and are tender. Drain. Serve ravioli topped with tomato sauce.