Roast beef, lentil and beetroot salad
800 g, peeled and cut into wedges
1 tbs, ( 4 sprigs)
Lean beef sirloin steak
640 g, (buy 800g), fat trimmed
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¾ cup(s), (180g)
2 bunch(es), halved
1 cup(s), (1 bunch, leaves only)
Lentils, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), (1 x400g can)
4 individual, (1 bunch)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the beetroot, garlic and thyme on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with half the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tie the beef, at 4cm intervals, with kitchen string. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Transfer roasted garlic to a plate and discard thyme. Bake beef with the beetroot for a further 15 minutes or until beetroot is tender and beef is rare. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, squeeze flesh from the garlic and finely chop. Combine garlic, yoghurt and horseradish cream in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus in a small saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Cool in iced water.
- Divide the asparagus, beetroot, watercress, lentils and radish among serving plates. thinly slice the beef and arrange over salad. serve the salad drizzled with horseradish dressing.