- 1000 g pumpkin, unpeeled, trimmed, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbs fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250 g potato gnocchi, (ready-made, shelf-fresh)
- 1/4 cup(s) light thickened cream, (60ml)
- 50 g pizza blend cheese, (1/2 cup), grated
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the pumpkin, onion, sage and oil in a 20 x 30cm baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions or until tender. Drain.
Add the gnocchi and cream to the dish and gently toss. Sprinkle over the cheese. Place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad made of mixed leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.