Pretzel-coated chicken bites
Mustard is a key ingredient in this great party snack, spicing up the creamy dipping sauce and binding the pretzel coating to the chicken to make it extra crunchy without the need for frying. For less heat, start with ½ teaspoon chipotle sauce and add more from there.
60 g, mini variety (about 1 cup)
⅓ cup(s), (100g)
Whole grain mustard
Red wine vinegar
Skinless chicken breast
360 g, cut into 24 chunks
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Process pretzels in a food processor until finely chopped, but not ground (see tip). Transfer to a large snap-lock bag.
- To make mustard sauce, mix mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle sauce and vinegar in a small bowl to combine.
- Place 2 tablespoons mustard sauce in a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces and stir to coat with sauce. Add chicken to bag with crushed pretzels. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with remaining mustard sauce.
TIP: If you don’t have a food processor, place pretzels in a snap-lock plastic bag and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to crush them.