Potato nests with baked eggs and kale
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 15 min
Having these for breakfast? Prepare the nests the night before to make it super speedy.
400 g, coarsely grated
100 g, leaves, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray 6 holes (80ml capacity) in a non-stick muffin tray with oil.
- Place grated potato in the centre of a clean tea towel. Gather up the ends of tea towel, then twist and squeeze firmly to remove any excess liquid from potato. Transfer potato to a bowl. Add egg yolk, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide potato mixture evenly among prepared muffin holes, spreading it over base and up sides. Lightly spray with cooking spray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and reduce the oven temperature to 160°C.
- Meanwhile, cook kale in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Divide kale between potato nests and crack an egg into each one. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg is just set.