Pork, thyme and apple sausage rolls
1 medium, Red
Lean pork mince
400 g, extra-lean
1 small, finely grated
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, chopped
70 g, 1 cup, made from stale bread
3 tsp, 15g
1 individual, 1 sheet, just thawed
260 g, truss
Mixed salad leaves
100 g, mixed baby leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coarsley grate half the apple. Combine mince, grated apple, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and two-thirds of the thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll pastry so it is 1cm wider on each side. Press mince mixture evenly over pastry, leaving a 2cm border on 1 side. Starting at opposite side to border, roll pastry to form a Swiss roll. Cut into 8 rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared tray and sprinkle with remaining thyme. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Add tomatoes to tray for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining apple. Combine apple, salad leaves and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sausage rolls with salad and tomatoes.