Pork cooked with milk and sage
Pork loin roast
800 g, (buy 1.2kg), fat trimmed
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
1 whole, thinly sliced
6 tbs, (5 sprigs)
¼ cup(s), (35g) roughly chopped
1 medium, cut into 6 wedges
3 baby, quartered
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- Add milk, leek and sage. Cook, covered, on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Combine hazelnuts and maple syrup in a bowl. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Spread nut mixture on prepared tray and bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Cool and finely chop.
- Towards end of pork cooking time, preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray radicchio and fennel with oil and cook, turning, for 3–4 minutes or until charred and just tender. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and thickly slice. Drizzle pork with leek and cooking juices and sprinkle with hazelnut mixture. Serve with radicchio and fennel.