Pork chow mein
- Total Time
Fresh Thin Hokkien Noodles450 g
sesame oil2 tsp
carrot(s)1 medium, finely chopped
lean pork mince400 g
garlic1 clove(s), crushed
curry powder1 tbs
oyster sauce¼ cup(s), (60ml)
mixed frozen vegetables1 cup(s), (150g) peas, corn, capsicum variety, thawed
Cabbage, Chinese, raw (wombok)1 cup(s), (½ small head)
fresh coriander2 tbs, leaves, to serve
- Prepare noodles following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry carrot for 2 minutes.
- Add mince and stir-fry, breaking up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic and curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add oyster sauce, noodles and ½ cup (125ml) water and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add peas, corn and capsicum mix and wombok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted. Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves.