Pesto chicken cobbler
1 whole, thinly sliced
2 individual, thinly sliced
Chicken stock cube
½ individual, (to make 1 cup (250ml) hot stock)
Skinless chicken breast
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
1 medium, beaten
2 tsp, finely chopped
Light sour cream
Kale pesto (WW recipe)
½ cup(s), (130g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray a small saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook leek and shallots, covered, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Add stock and chicken to same pan and bring to a simmer. Season with pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered for 10 minutes, then lift out chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Reserve stock in saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, to make the cobbler topping, combine plain flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Stir in egg, milk and chives with a flat-blade knife to form a sticky dough.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth, then add to the stock. Cook, whisking, over medium-high heat until stock boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, pesto and leek mixture. Coarsely shred chicken and stir through the sauce. Transfer mixture to a medium 1L (4-cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Spoon 4 even spoonfuls of the cobbler topping over the chicken mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, until the topping is risen and golden. Serve.