Mushrooms add a great earthy flavour to any dish and can become a perfect little pocket to hold the breadcrumb and goat’s cheese mixture!
- 4 whole Mushrooms, large portobello variety
- 2 individual Wholegrain bread roll, (2x50g) split
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 slice(s) high fibre white bread, stale, made into 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) light whole egg mayonnaise, (75g)
- 40 g rocket
- 50 g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat grill on high. Place mushrooms on 1 half of a foil-lined tray. Place bread rolls, cut-side up, on other half and lightly spray with oil. Grill for 4 minutes, removing rolls once golden. Turn mushrooms and lightly spray with oil. Grill for 4 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook breadcrumbs, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
Spread rolls with mayonnaise. Top with rocket, mushrooms, breadcrumb mixture and cheese. Serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and Lebanese cucumber, drizzled with lemon juice. TIP: You can use any large open mushroom for this recipe.