Mustard beef with broccolini, pear and fennel salad
2 tsp, chopped
Lean beef fillet
240 g, (Buy 300g) fat trimmed
3 tsp, white
½ small, thinly sliced
1 bunch(es), cut into 5cm lengths
1 baby, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine mustard, honey and chopped thyme in a small bowl.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook beef for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and browned.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Spread beef evenly with mustard mixture. Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing. Meanwhile, combine sugar, 2 teaspoons vinegar and a large pinch of salt in a small bowl and stir to dissolve sugar. Add onion, toss to combine and set aside for 10 minutes to pickle. Drain.
- Cook broccolini in a small saucepan of boiling, salted water over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Combine broccolini, fennel, pear and pickled onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and remaining vinegar. Toss gently to combine. Serve beef with broccolini salad. Sprinkle with thyme.