Mushroom and pork barley risotto
6 cup(s), (1.5L)
1 small, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
1 cup(s), (200g) rinsed, drained
1 tsp, marjoram, finely chopped
Wine, white, dry-style
60 ml, (¼ cup)
Pork, medallion or loin steak, lean, raw
320 g, (Buy 4 x 100g)
400 g, sliced
300 g, cut into florets
Baby spinach leaves
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
80 g, crumbled
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place stock in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add barley and chopped marjoram and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add wine to barley mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce heat and add hot stock, a ladle (½ cup/125ml) at a time, stirring occasionally, for 50–55 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 3–4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover pork with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir mushrooms, broccoli and spinach into risotto mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender and spinach has wilted. Remove from heat. Gently stir through ricotta.
- Serve risotto topped with pork and scattered with extra marjoram.