Moroccan-spiced fish with couscous
Cayenne pepper, ground
1 tbs, finely grated
1 clove(s), crushed
1500 g, (whole, cleaned)
Dry wholemeal couscous
¾ cup(s), (150g)
2 medium, coarsely grated
2 individual, thinly sliced
Baby spinach leaves
40 g, coarsely shredded
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine cumin, paprika, pepper, ginger, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Rub fish, including cavity, with spice mixture. Cut lemon in half. Cut 1 half into wedges and set aside. Cut remaining half into thin slices. Place slices in fish cavity.
- Place fish on prepared tray and cover loosely with baking paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Add ¾ cup (185ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains.
- Add juice, carrot, shallots and spinach to couscous and toss to combine. Serve fish with couscous salad, extra shallots and reserved lemon wedges.