Moroccan lamb with roast pumpkin couscous
Lamb leg steak, raw
432 g, (buy 2 x 270g rumps, fat trimmed)
750 g, cut into 2cm pieces
Green string beans
2 medium, cut into batons
1 cup(s), (200g)
5 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
No added sugar orange juice
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sprinkle lamb with 2 teaspoons seasoning. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook lamb, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place lamb and pumpkin on prepared tray. Lightly spray pumpkin with oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender and lamb is cooked to your liking. Cover lamb with foil and rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave beans and zucchini, separately, until bright green and tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 3–5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate the grains. Add roasted pumpkin, rocket and radish to couscous. Combine juice, oil and remaining seasoning in a small bowl. Add dressing to couscous mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide lamb and roast pumpkin couscous among plates. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve with zucchini and green beans.