Moroccan chicken kebabs with couscous
1 cup(s), (200g)
½ cup(s), (125ml)
fresh red chilli
1 whole, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
skinless chicken thigh
450 g, (buy 500g), fat trimmed
2 medium, cut into 2cm-thick slices
2 medium, cut into quarters
- Combine oil, cumin, turmeric, ginger, chilli and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until just tender. Drain. Spray both sides with olive oil.
- Cut each lemon into 8 wedges. Thread chicken, lemon and zucchini, alternately, onto 8 wooden skewers (see note).
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook kebabs for 3–4 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through. Cook capsicum for 4–5 minutes each side and pumpkin for 2–3 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to the boil in a small saucepan. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl and add stock. Stir, cover, then stand for 3–5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Stir in coriander.
- Serve kebabs with the couscous and chargrilled vegetables.