Modern Mediterranean platter
200 g, cup variety, thinly sliced
red wine vinegar
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
250 g, halved
1 cup(s), 12 leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
2 bunch(es), trimmed, halved crosswise
lean lamb backstrap
320 g, (Buy 400g), fat trimmed
2 clove(s), crushed
97% fat-free deli sliced ham
prosciutto fat trimmed
50 g, sliced
low fat tzatziki
120 g, (1/2 cup)
black olives, drained
wholemeal pita bread
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
Artichoke hearts, canned, rinsed, drained
- To make marinated mushrooms, combine mushrooms, oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- To make tomatoes with basil, combine tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large non-stick frying pan with water and bring to a simmer. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes until bright green and tender crisp, drain. Wipe pan.
- Rub garlic over lamb. Sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes. Thickly slice lamb.
- Arrange lamb, mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, ham, artichokes, prosciutto, tzatziki, olives and bread on a platter. To make pan-fried haloumi, heat oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Add to platter with lemon wedges and scatter with basil leaves.