Mixed berry pavlova
1 cup(s), (220g)
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Fromage frais, 99% fat free
Vanilla bean paste
1 tbs, leaves, to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
1 tbs, (1/4 cup to make toffee)
- Preheat oven to 120°c. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on the paper. Place, ink-side down, on the tray. Lightly spray the paper with oil.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until the sugar has dissolved. Fold in the cornflour and vinegar until combined.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared tray. Spread to fill the circle and shape into a dome. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until crisp and dry. Turn off oven. Leave meringue in oven, with door slightly ajar, to cool completely.
- Place fromage frais, ricotta, icing sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Remove paper from pavlova. Place on a serving plate. Spoon fromage frais mixture onto pavlova. Top with berries and mint leaves.
- Place extra caster sugar with 40ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, without stirring, brushing down the side of the pan occasionally with a wet pastry brush, for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Dip 2 forks into toffee. Press backs of the forks together and hold for 30 seconds. Pull forks apart to make strands. arrange the strands over the pavlova. Top with cachous.