Mini steamed fruit puddings
mixed dried fruit
1⅓ cup(s), (250g)
Prunes, canned in natural juice, drained
⅓ cup(s), (55g), pitted, finely chopped
35 g, wholemeal, stale
¼ cup(s), (30g)
Apple, granny smith, unpeeled, fresh
1 medium, coarsley grated
light cream cheese
¼ cup(s), (55g)
2 tsp, finely grated
½ cup(s), (75g)
ground all spice
bicarbonate of soda
- Combine the mixed fruit, prune, breadcrumbs, almond meal and apple in a large bowl.
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange rind in a small bowl until smooth. Add the egg, beating until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the fruit mixture until combined. Sift the flour, mixed spice, ginger and bicarbonate of soda over the egg mixture. Add the orange juice and brandy, and stir until combined.
- Lightly spray eight ½-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds or ovenproof dishes with oil. Line the bases with baking paper. Divide the fruit mixture between the moulds. Cut eight 15cm squares of baking paper and foil. Place the paper on the foil and fold to form a pleat in the centre. Place over the moulds, foil-side up, then tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place the moulds in two large saucepans. Pour boiling water into the pans to come halfway up the sides of the moulds. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Carefully lift each mould from the water. Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Remove the foil and paper and turn onto serving plates.