Mini lamb roast with peas, mint and almonds
Reduced fat feta cheese
40 g, crumbled
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
1 clove(s), crushed
Lean lamb leg roast
400 g, (Buy 500g)
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g) baby
Sugar snap peas
2 tbs, lightly toasted
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine feta, rind and garlic in a bowl. Cut a horizontal slit in the side of the lamb to form a pocket. Spoon feta mixture into pocket and secure with a toothpick or kitchen string.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook lamb for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Place lamb on prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave peas, sugar snaps and snow peas until just tender. Drain.
- Combine juice and oil in a large bowl. Add combined peas, mint and almonds and toss to combine. Serve with lamb.