- 80 g prosciutto, fat trimmed (buy100g)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 whole leek, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 cup(s) savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 cup(s) Chicken stock, liquid, salt-reduced, (1.5L)
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 75 g pasta, broken into 5 cm lengths
- 270 g canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained, (400g can)
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas, boiled
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbs basil pesto
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto, leek, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened.
Add cabbage, stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12–15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add pasta, beans and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7–10 minutes or until pasta and zucchini are tender. Add peas and basil and stir until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Ladle soup into serving bowls. Serve dolloped with pesto dip and sprinkled with parmesan.
- Suitable to freeze (without toppings) for up to 3 months.TIP: Follow the leader: You’re not the only one who benefits from losing weight. By choosing healthier eating habits you are setting a good example for the rest of your family. Encourage them to get involved by helping with the shopping and choosing recipes for your meal plan.