Mexican-style charred avocado and corn omelette
- 1 individual fresh corn, cob peeled
- 1/2 large avocado, stone removed
- 2 medium fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) Red kidney beans, no added salt, canned, drained, (1 x 400g can)
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 2/3 cup(s) fresh coriander
- 6 medium egg(s)
- 125 ml skim milk, (½ cup)
- 1 tbs reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil. Preheat over high heat. Place corn and cut side of avocado on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning corn, until charred and corn is tender. Slice avocado. Using a small knife, remove kernels from corn cob and discard cob.
Combine avocado, corn, tomato, onion, beans, lemon juice, sambal oelek and half the coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs, milk and seasoning in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Pour one-quarter of egg mixture into pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until base is set. Using a spatula, draw edges into centre to allow uncooked egg to run underneath. Continue for 2-3 minutes or until egg is nearly set.
Place one-quarter of the corn mixture over half the omelette. Fold omelette over to enclose filling. Slide onto a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining egg and corn mixtures to make 4 omelettes. Serve omelettes sprinkled with remaining coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad leaves and balsamic vinegar.