Meatballs and veggie sticks with fennel tzatziki
Adding grated fennel and dill to your tzatziki adds a great twist to the traditional dip.
Extra lean beef mince, raw
240 g, (Buy 300g)
1½ tbs, finely chopped
¾ tsp, crushed
1 clove(s), crushed
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
1 baby, finely grated
Green string beans
8 individual, halved
6 spear(s), trimmed, cut into thirds
80 g, (2x40g slices), crusty variety
4 large, sliced
6 individual, halved or quartered
- Combine mince, thyme, 1 tbs dill, ½ tsp fennel seeds and garlic in a medium bowl. Roll level tablespoons of mince mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, grated fennel and remaining dill and fennel seeds in a small bowl. Season.
- Cook carrots in a small saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Add beans and asparagus and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Arrange meatballs, fennel tzatziki, bread, radish and tomato in lunchboxes or containers.