Lime fish curry
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
2 tsp, finely grated
2 medium, cut into thin wedges, seeds removed
Coconut flavoured reduced-fat evaporated milk
600 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Sugar snap peas
150 g, trimmed
White boiled rice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook mustard seeds, stirring, for 30 seconds or until they start to pop. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry leaves, tomatoes and ¼ cup (60ml) water and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add fish and simmer for 8 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and cook for 3–4 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Place cornflour in a small bowl. Gradually add ¼ cup (60ml) evaporated milk and stir to combine. Add cornflour mixture to fish mixture along with remaining evaporated milk, lime juice and sugar. Bring to the boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spoon rice among bowls and top with curry. Serve sprinkled with coriander and mint leaves.