A great weekend lunch or Saturday night dinner, these burritos are packed full of Mexican flavour – perfect for a weekend fiesta!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground paprika, sweet
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 240 g canned lentils, rinsed, drained, (1 x 400g can)
- 2 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 100 g roasted capsicum without oil, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 4 individual multigrain tortilla, (4 x 40g)
- 1/2 cup(s), grated extra light cheddar cheese, (60g)
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat natural yoghurt
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, paprika and chilli and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 3 minutes or until browned.
Add lentils, tomatoes, zucchini and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Stir in chopped coriander.
Preheat a sandwich press. Top each tortilla with one-quarter of the mince mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Fold to enclose filling. Cook burritos for 2–3 minutes or until golden.
Serve burritos topped with yoghurt and extra coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby spinach or rocket leaves.TIP: You can use red kidney beans instead of lentils.