Lemon chicken with caramelised Brussels sprouts
500 g, halved
orange sweet potato (kumara)
600 g, (4x150g)
skinless chicken breast
450 g, (Buy 500g)
1 medium, cut into 4 wedges
fresh red chilli
1 whole, seeded, finaly chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
fresh lemon rind
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
- Boil, steam or microwave sprouts until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, pierce skin of sweet potatoes several times. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle with a little water. Microwave, covered, on High (100%) for 5–6 minutes or until tender. Cover to keep warm.
- Diagonally slice chicken fillets into thick escalopes. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat. Cook sprouts and lemon wedges, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until sprouts are golden and lemon caramelised. Transfer to a plate. Return chicken to pan.
- Combine chilli, garlic, rind and juice in a small bowl and add to pan. Cook, turning chicken to coat, for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve chicken with sprouts, jacket sweet potatoes and lemon wedges. Drizzle with pan juices to serve.