Lamb and eggplant cannelloni
3 medium, thinly sliced lengthways
1 medium, finely grated
2 clove(s), chrushed
1 medium, finely chopped
1 individual, finely chopped
Lean lamb mince
500 g, (italian tomato puree)
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Reduced fat feta cheese
1 cup(s), (250ml)
Grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
2 cup(s), leaves separated
2 medium, cut into long wedges
1 small, thinly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat grill on high. Lightly spray both sides of eggplant with oil. Grill eggplant, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 2 litre (8-cup) capacity baking dish with oil. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5–7 minutes or until browned. Add paste and half the passata and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Working with 1 at a time, place 1 heaped tablespoon of mince mixture over 1 short end of each eggplant slice. Roll eggplant to enclose filling. Transfer to prepared dish. Pour remaining passata over eggplant rolls.
- Process ricotta, feta and milk in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spread ricotta mixture over sauce and rolls in dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Preheat grill on high. Place dish under grill and cook for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle salad with juice and serve with cannelloni.